Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you find some helpful hints for organizing your time and space. My passions are to help you make home a refuge instead of a crisis center, and to help you function in peace rather than chaos - at home or at work. I have switched my main blog to 1-2-3 ... Get Organized on WordPress, so please visit me there.



Monday, December 17, 2012

A No-Cost Organizing Solution for Your Pantry

  
I don't know about you, but pantry items that come in bags irritate me. They are hard to store efficiently and attractively.

I recently purchased a bunch of clear plastic containers for one of my clients and have considered buying some for myself. But as I started to recycle similar containers lately, I got to thinking that these would work just as easily. Not quite as attractive as having all the same size and the same-colored lids. But the price is right!


So, I've started repurposing salsa and rice containers for other uses when they are empty. Here's a picture of my beginning project. If I need to keep the information from the bag, I tape it to the container. Perfect for brown sugar, chocolate chips, white rice, and gluten free flours.

I also like using empty canning jars to store things like red hots, cinnamon sticks, and other hard-to-store items.

What creative, no-cost storage ideas do you have?

More on no-cost storage:
Containerizing Your Kitchen
Don't Make the #1 Organizing Mistake
10 Green Organizing Solutions for Crafts

No comments: