Spring is the typical time to put your home on the market. If you're planning to sell your home, follow these tips from Louise Henry, home staging and interior redesign consultant. Read her entire article.
- De-clutter - buyers want to be able to walk freely in your home and feel comfortable.
- Rent a storage locker while your home is on the market.
- Clean, clean, clean - Unclean homes turn buyers away instantly unless they want a deal!
- Hire a professional painter and choose neutral colours. This makes the home look cleaner and smells fresher.
- Upgrade lighting - people want modern fixtures.
- Shampoo carpets - gets rid of unpleasant odours.
- Service the furnace and clean filters.
- Do basic house maintenance.
- Ensure interior/exterior light fixtures and doors are all in good working order.
- Curb appeal: buyers will drive by and check you out. Gardens should be clean, garbage/junk free and appealing. Add colourful potted flowers
- If you feel you need help contact a home staging consultant who can guide you through the process.
More on moving: