Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you find some helpful hints for organizing your time and space. My passions are to help you make home a refuge instead of a crisis center, and to help you function in peace rather than chaos - at home or at work. I have switched my main blog to 1-2-3 ... Get Organized on WordPress, so please visit me there.
Monday, August 13, 2012
Each year with school approaching, I usually repost some of my previous blog posts on getting ready for school and college. Here's one for college students packing up for school. I wrote this one last year when we were still foster parents for teenage girls ...
We have yet another foster daughter going to college this fall. She has begun the process of packing and is doing very well.
- She has gone through her possessions several times to get rid of excess.
- She has already packed things she won't need for a while - winter clothes, etc.
- She has packed like things together - school supplies, etc.
- She has shopped for items she needs - linens, a coffee maker, a fan, etc.
- She has left out only those things she needs between now and then.
If you have a child going to college, check to see his/her progress. If you or your student are overwhelmed, make a list of remaining tasks to be done. Prioritize and start tackling them!
Your child may need some help - going to college is both scary and exciting. He/she will need your support!
More on college: