Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you find some helpful hints for organizing your time and space. My passions are to help you make home a refuge instead of a crisis center, and to help you function in peace rather than chaos - at home or at work. I have switched my main blog to 1-2-3 ... Get Organized on WordPress, so please visit me there.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
It is so nice to be home! Even though I miss my kids, have mounds of laundry, etc., it was wonderful to sleep in our own bed. I slept for 8 hours, which I never do! On to our organizing blog for today:
Recycling VHS Tapes
Do you have outdated or antiquated VHS tapes you'd like to get rid of but don't know what to do with them? Jeri Dansky suggests some great ideas:
"1. Offer them on Freecycle. You never know what people will want. I've found new homes for some of my clients' video tapes through my local Freecycle.
2. Check with your local Goodwill or Salvation Army - or any local thrift store.
3. See if a local nursing home or hospital wants them.
4. See if a local homeless shelter or domestic violence shelter wants them.
5. See if your local library (or friends of the library organization) wants them.
6. Ship them off to ACT - Alternative Community Training.
7. Ship them to GreenDisk or Tropical Media for recycling.
8. Search for Video Tapes on Earth911."
Have you found successful ways to recycle your VHS tapes?
Similar blog posts: More Eco-Friendly Recycling, Getting Rid of Stuff While Saving the Environment, Interview by Get Green Baby