The National Association of Professional Organizers awarded NeatDesk their “Best Product – Technology” at their annual conference this year. I thought you might like to know about it. I have not tried it, but it looks pretty cool. It costs $499, but they are offering $50 off right now. Here's what NeatDesk's website says about it:
Paper goes in. Information comes out.
NeatDesk is a high-speed desktop scanner and digital filing system that scans receipts, business cards and documents all in one batch. It includes NeatWorksTM software that identifies and extracts the important information and automatically organizes it for you.
With NeatDesk, you get a digital filing cabinet that intelligently organizes and secures all your important information.
Transform your workspace into a space that works. At work or at home, NeatDesk declutters your workspace, providing a central “inbox” for all your papers—ready to scan when you are.
All-in-one scanning. Our removable input tray can scan both sides of up to 10 receipts, 10 business cards, and 10 documents at a time—or even a single, 50-page document.
Intelligent Text Recognition
NeatWorks software uses OCR and patented parsing technology to identify and capture key information from scanned documents. On receipts, it looks for the date, vendor, amount and sales tax. On business cards, it captures all of the contact information: name, company, title, address, phone, email, website and fax. And on documents, the software captures all of the printed text and gives it to you in searchable PDF format. You can also perform keyword searches on any scanned item to find what you need quickly and easily.
Scan in receipts to:
- Save digital copies of receipts and records of vendors, dates and totals
- Create expense reports and manage business and personal expenses
- Keep track of expenses for tax time (records accepted by the IRS)
- Export data to Excel®, Quicken®, QuickBooks®, TurboTax®
Scan in business cards to:
- Keep digital images of cards and contact information
- Capture name, address company, title, etc.
- Create your own searchable contact database
- Export data to Outlook and more
Scan in documents to:
- Create searchable PDF files
- Edit text using copy/paste
- Organize and store in your digital filing cabinet