Today's forecast is abundant sunshine! After several days of rain, I'm so happy to have some sun come our way. Our flowers have flourished with the rain, though, so I shouldn't whine. They made it through last week's snow I'm happy to say.
Today we're meeting a new girl in our program who will be coming into our home tomorrow. I'll be making menus and stocking the house with food after our trip.
Today's a perfect day for spring cleaning the garage ...
Spring Cleaning the Garage - Storage Hazardous Materials
Spring is the time to clean out the garage, swapping out winter items for summer ones. As you attempt this task, here are a few pointers from Don Townson of the Vancouver Sun about storing hazardous materials:
"If you have to keep hazardous materials in the garage, follow these rules:
- Store products in their original containers with their labels
- Never mix products
- Keep gasoline in an approved container
- Do not store gasoline or volatile solvents near water heaters or other appliances with pilot lights
- Keep flammables away from outlets, electric tools and appliances
- Store all hazards out of reach of children and pets; use a locked cabinet
- Buy containers with child-resistant caps
- Dispose of hazardous materials appropriately."
More blogs on spring cleaning the garage: