Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you find some helpful hints for organizing your time and space. My passions are to help you make home a refuge instead of a crisis center, and to help you function in peace rather than chaos - at home or at work. I have switched my main blog to 1-2-3 ... Get Organized on WordPress, so please visit me there.
Thursday, December 2, 2010
I came across the following laundry room tips in a Woman's Day article and thought they were helpful.
• Stack plastic see-through shoeboxes or bins on a shelf with small laundry aids such as bleach pens, laundry markers and stain removers
• Use lazy Susans on shelves to make starch, suede cleaner and other seldom-used laundry items more convenient to grab.
• Place a small bowl or basket near the washing machine to catch stray buttons, coins and anything else you find in pockets.
• Utilize unused space by placing hooks on the wall to hold hangers or a bag for dry-clean-only items.
• Mount a retractable clothesline or accordion drying rack on the wall, or use a tension rod set high in a door frame for hanging drip-dry items.
• Keep a trash can handy so you’ll always remember to clean the dryer’s lint screen.
• Store messy items such as detergent and bleach bottles in plastic bins or dish pans to catch drips and residue. If you buy extra-large containers at warehouse clubs, transfer to smaller jugs so they’re more manageable. And keep extra laundry supplies in your bulk storage area.
• Keep hampers near where each family member undresses. If there's space, a sectioned hamper in the laundry room makes sorting easier.
• Hang an organizer to hold your iron and ironing board over a door or on the wall. If space is limited, consider a wall-mounted ironing board."
Photo: Anthony-Masterson/Getty Images
More on laundry: