Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you find some helpful hints for organizing your time and space. My passions are to help you make home a refuge instead of a crisis center, and to help you function in peace rather than chaos - at home or at work. I have switched my main blog to 1-2-3 ... Get Organized on WordPress, so please visit me there.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Kind of a dreary day here in Ohio today. But beautiful with new life! I've been watching two little birds flitting back and forth from our bird feeder to our birdhouse, where I'm assuming they have a nest. Neither one goes far, fearing harm may come to their little ones. Fascinating, isn't it, how they instinctively know how to care for their young? Ok - on to our blog for today ...
Are you worried about your parent living alone? Here are some signs that he or she might need assistance decluttering and organizing, might need to move into a care facility, or might need some in-home assistance.
1. Piles of mail and unpaid bills
2. Difficulty walking safely through a home
3. Frustration trying to organize
4. Difficulty managing activities of daily living
5. Expired food in the refrigerator
6. Jammed closets and drawers
7. Compulsive shopping
8. Difficulty deciding whether to discard items
9. A health episode such as a stroke or dementia
To find a professional organizer near you, visit the National Association of Professional Organizers.
Resource: Home Instead
More on downsizing: