Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you find some helpful hints for organizing your time and space. My passions are to help you make home a refuge instead of a crisis center, and to help you function in peace rather than chaos - at home or at work. I have switched my main blog to 1-2-3 ... Get Organized on WordPress, so please visit me there.
Friday, March 12, 2010
Do your coffee tables end up being the depositories of your junk? It's so easy to drop things on coffee tables rather than put them where they belong.
1. Get rid of coffee tables and find homes for those things you normally toss there.
2. If you must keep your coffee table, keep a basket underneath to collect magazines, the remotes, and other things that tend to clutter the table.
3. Buy coffee tables with drawers or shelves to store those things that tend to clutter the top.
4. Each night before bed, have everyone remove their items from the coffee tables and other surfaces.
5. Provide a place for family members to drop their stuff when they come in the door. Train them to do it!
More on eliminating clutter magnets: