- To remove coffee or tea stains from the inside of a cup, measure two tablespoons of vinegar into the cup and swish it around. Use a cloth, if necessary, to reach all the stains. Wash with soap.
- To get rid of salt stains on boots or shoes, dip a cloth into vinegar. Those white stains will wipe right off!
- To deodorize a garbage disposal, fill ice trays with vinegar. Freeze. Run the vinegar ice cubes through the disposal, followed by a blast of cold water.
- To clean a teakettle, boil a mixture of water and vinegar in the kettle. Wipe away any residue.
- To freshen a coffeemaker, fill the water reservoir with a mixture of vinegar and water. "Brew" this mixture, followed by several cycles of plain water.
- To clean a dishwasher, run an empty dishwasher through a cycle with a cup of vinegar. Do this once a month to reduce soap buildup on the inner mechanisms and glassware.
- We use vinegar to clean our humidifier to keep the mold and mildew out.
More on spring cleaning with household products: