Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you find some helpful hints for organizing your time and space. My passions are to help you make home a refuge instead of a crisis center, and to help you function in peace rather than chaos - at home or at work. I have switched my main blog to 1-2-3 ... Get Organized on WordPress, so please visit me there.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Real Simple Magazine listed some pretty clever uses for coffee filters, saving both time and money. I use cone-shaped coffee filters, but this makes me want to go out and buy a supply of the cupcake-shaped ones!
Here are some of the ideas I liked:
- Use a coffee filter to soften the flash on your camera for close-ups by placing it over the flash.
- Serve popcorn or other snacks in coffee filters. They are disposable - no clean up!
- Use a coffee filter as a protective covering when you are microwaving leftovers to avoid a mess.
- Place a coffee filter in the bottom of a flowerpot to prevent the soil from leaking out the hole in the bottom of the pot.
- Place flattened coffee filters between fine china or other dishes to prevent scratches when they are stacked.
- Prevent popsicle drips by sliding the stick through a coffee filter.
- Wrap a coffee filter around a pita sandwich for a "to go" option.
- Use coffee filters to clean windows or glass instead of paper towels. They leave no lint or fuzzies on the glass.
Have you discovered other uses for coffee filters?
Source: 101 New Uses for Everyday Things by James Baigrie
Related Posts: Spring Cleaning Using Household Items - Salt, Newspaper, Coffee Filters, and Olive Oil, Spring Cleaning Using Household Items - Lemons, Spring Cleaning Using Household Items - Vinegar, How to Clean the House, Spring Cleaning Using Household Items - Baking Soda, Spring Cleaning Using Household Items - Dryer Sheets