Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you find some helpful hints for organizing your time and space. My passions are to help you make home a refuge instead of a crisis center, and to help you function in peace rather than chaos - at home or at work. I have switched my main blog to 1-2-3 ... Get Organized on WordPress, so please visit me there.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Need some extra time? Who doesn't!?! A good place to look for extra scraps of time is those habits we do without thinking. Sometimes it's nice to take a step back and evaluate if certain habits are costing valuable time. Here are some potential time traps:
- Reading rather than skimming articles, blogs, emails to determine if they are of interest
- Stopping for coffee rather than making it at home for a fraction of the time
- Allowing others to hold you hostage with their meaningless conversation
- Watch too much news or TV
- Spending too much time on video games, Facebook, etc.
- Letting chores pile up rather than tackle them as they arise (dishes, cleaning, sorting mail, etc.)
- Napping rather than establishing good sleep patterns
Habits are a comfortable part of life, but they can also gobble up our time if we let them. Start paying attention to those habits you have in your life to determine if they are helping or hurting you.
More on habits:
Five causes to disorganization
Tools to Track Your Computer Time
New Sleep Study Shows Risks of Acute and Chronic Sleep Loss