Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you find some helpful hints for organizing your time and space. My passions are to help you make home a refuge instead of a crisis center, and to help you function in peace rather than chaos - at home or at work. I have switched my main blog to 1-2-3 ... Get Organized on WordPress, so please visit me there.
Friday, May 1, 2009
I gave a talk last night on "Factors to Consider When Contemplating Downsizing." I thought the information might be helpful to you, your parents or someone else you know. Today we'll look at the advantages of downsizing.
But first, what exactly is downsizing? It is getting rid of extraneous items in your home. It may also include moving to a smaller residence.
You don't need to be of retirement age to consider downsizing. You may just need to get rid of the excess in your home. Or you may choose to reduce expenses by moving into a smaller residence. Whatever the case, here are several advantages of downsizing:
- Removing physical clutter removes mental clutter. You can’t really live peacefully if your surroundings are cluttered and crowded.
- You know what you have and where it is.
- You don’t waste time looking for lost objects. The average person spends days a year looking for lost items!
- If you must move, that part of the job is already done!
- Your children will not be burdened with an unmanageable job when you pass on.
- Downsizing lifts your spirits. You feel light and free when your home is not cluttered!
If you'd like to comment and receive this by email, click here.
Get Organized Month 2009 - Family Five Minute Challenge
Cash from your Clutter
Clutter in Your House or Office Means Clutter in Your Mind
Don't know where to start? Three Steps to Downsizing to a Smaller Residence or Three Steps to Decluttering walk you through the process.