Whether you're searching for a work-from-home job or a new marketing tool or a new kitchen gadget, beware of internet scams, according to the Better Business Bureau. The internet is fertile soil for the growing number of scams.
How to be a savvy researcher:
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Promises of huge income or amazing benefits to you are probably not typical. The fine print on diet program ads showing before and after results, says "results are not typical." This could easily be the theme song for most of these promotions.
- If a business opportunity requires you to send money before explaining exactly what the opportunity is about, watch out! Many of the popular ones are stuffing envelopes, putting together craft items, and doing medical data entry.
- Avoid multi-level marketing that concentrates on recruitment rather than selling products. Multi-level marketing of actual products, usually at home parties can be legitimate and income-producing. But when a commission is paid for recruiting new members for your downline and quality products are not the central focus of the business, walk the other way!
- Check with the Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.org) before shelling out any money.
- Www.scambusters.org also checks out both online and offline businesses to test validity.
- Never sign on the dotted line during a high-pressured meeting or promotion. Take time to consider and research.
- Pay attention to your gut feelings - if you feel uneasy about an opportunity, don't move forward.
- If you're a woman looking for work-from-home opportunities, go to Homebased Working Moms (http://www.hbwm.com) or Women for Hire (http://www.womenforhire.com).
Source: Shine from Yahoo! June 1, 2008
Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you find some helpful hints for organizing your time and space. My passions are to help you make home a refuge instead of a crisis center, and to help you function in peace rather than chaos - at home or at work. I have switched my main blog to 1-2-3 ... Get Organized on WordPress, so please visit me there.