Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you find some helpful hints for organizing your time and space. My passions are to help you make home a refuge instead of a crisis center, and to help you function in peace rather than chaos - at home or at work. I have switched my main blog to 1-2-3 ... Get Organized on WordPress, so please visit me there.
Monday, March 14, 2011
Doesn't it seem that Daylight Savings Time is coming earlier and earlier? That means it's the time to check our smoke alarms, too.
While you're at it, talk to your family members about fire safety -
- where you would meet outside your house if you had a fire,
- how to exit the house safely - which door, crawling on the ground if there's smoke, etc.
- how to tell if there's a fire outside your bedroom door,
- the safety advantages of sleeping with the bedroom door closed,
- how to hang from your window and drop to the ground if the fire is outside your bedroom door,
- not using electrical heating appliances (curling,flat irons) near water or flammable objects (curtains, bed linens, etc.).
As foster parents, we are trained each year by the fire marshal and must have a fire drill twice a month. Not a bad idea for everyone!
More on fire safety: