On a recent organizing job, my clients were getting ready to move and wanted to get rid of some items to reduce moving expenses. As I was driving home, I noticed a nearby Salvation Army.
I called, and sure enough, they pick up unwanted items. While on the phone, they gave me an extensive list of what they will and will not take. As it turned out, Salvation Army took everything except some wood.
While arranging for the disposal of these items, I was thinking it would be nice to go to a website that listed charitable organizations who pick up discarded household goods. Since I was working in an unfamiliar location, I wasn't sure what organizations were available in that
Since that time, I discovered Donation Town - a website that lists such organizations by zip code. Just go to Donation Town, enter your zip code, and you have a list of charities that will pick up your unwanted items.
I took the following section from their website, listing such charities:
- Salvation Army Donation Pick Up
- Goodwill Donation Pick Up
- Arc Donation Pick Up
- Vietnam Veterans Donation Pick Up
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Donation Pick Up
- Humane Society Donation Pick Up
- Habitat for Humanity Donation Pick Up
- Hospice Donation Pick Up
- And hundreds of other charities that serve the homeless, children's charities, veterans charities, faith based charities, disability charities, medical charities, and More!!!!!
More on donating: