With gas prices as they are it pays to be efficient. EcoDriving offers the following tips for improving your car's fuel economy:
- Avoid rapid starts and stops.
- Try to maintain a constant speed in traffic.
- Use cruise control.
- Use air conditioning at higher speeds; open your windows at lower speeds.
- Avoid idling.
- Have scheduled maintenance done on time.
- Keep your tires properly inflated.
- Replace your air filter regularly.
- Tighten your gas cap.
- Remove unneeded items from your vehicle.
More on cars: