Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you find some helpful hints for organizing your time and space. My passions are to help you make home a refuge instead of a crisis center, and to help you function in peace rather than chaos - at home or at work. I have switched my main blog to 1-2-3 ... Get Organized on WordPress, so please visit me there.



Monday, November 19, 2007

Organizing your to do list

I have a page full of things I need to accomplish before Thanksgiving Day. To ease the chaos in my mind, I wrote down everything I could think of that I need to do between now and then.

Next, I put an M by the things I hoped to do today (Monday), a T by the things I hoped to do tomorrow (Tuesday), and a W by the things I plan to do on Wednesday.

Evaluating the Ms, I prioritized them by putting a 1 beside the most important and urgent item on the list, 2 on the next, and so on. Tomorrow, I'll look over the Ts and any Ms that didn't get done today and prioritize that list.

This process helped me keep focused on what I need to do, and motivated me to use my time well. It also showed me that I needed some help from my husband - he agreed to write the Christmas letter this year!!!

As things came to mind, I added them to my list - so everything is is one place and I'm less likely to forget something with a written list.

No comments: