Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you find some helpful hints for organizing your time and space. My passions are to help you make home a refuge instead of a crisis center, and to help you function in peace rather than chaos - at home or at work. I have switched my main blog to 1-2-3 ... Get Organized on WordPress, so please visit me there.
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Do you have a special college student in your life? Brighten up his/her life during finals week by sending a Finals Survival Kit. We've done this with our own children and other college students in our lives over the years. Things to include:
Healthy snacks: pistachios or other nuts, beef jerky, trail mix, popcorn
Drinks: hot chocolate, teas, coffee mixes, juices
Fun snacks: cookies, chocolate, candy
Encouraging words: write a note for each day (5-7) or use the following proverbs -
- Careful planning puts you ahead in the long run; hurry and scurry puts you further behind.
- Become wise by walking with the wise; hang out with fools and watch your life fall to pieces.
- Knowledge flows like spring water from the wise; fools are leaky faucets, dripping nonsense.
- Easy come, easy go, but steady diligence pays off.
- A person without self-control is like a house with its doors and windows knocked out.
- Wise men and women are always learning, always listening for fresh insights.
Mail it or take it by and brighten up finals for your college student!
More on college:
Organizing the College Application Process
Three Steps to Time Management for the College Student