Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you find some helpful hints for organizing your time and space. My passions are to help you make home a refuge instead of a crisis center, and to help you function in peace rather than chaos - at home or at work. I have switched my main blog to 1-2-3 ... Get Organized on WordPress, so please visit me there.



Friday, March 15, 2013

Ruthless Closet Purging - Organizing for a Move ... Or Not

   
We have about a month before the closing of our house. In the meantime, we're going through every inch of our home to purge those things we don't use, want or need.

A few nights ago, I went through my closet and dresser. I looked at every item and asked myself if I love it and wear it. For those things I wasn't sure about, I tried them on to see how they looked. I got rid of several things I had only worn once or just a few times. I've lost some weight and some of the things just don't look good any more. Or I just don't like them well enough to wear them.

Ruthless Purging


In one sense, I feel wasteful, but in another sense, I feel efficient. Now everything in my closet and drawers are things I use and like. And I know someone else can get some use out of the items I never wore. And I've reduced the footprint of my clothes.

I also noticed a couple of items that need mending. I'll try to remember to mend them while watching a movie or the news.

And it became obvious that some of the clothes I wear frequently are getting faded. I identified a couple of things I need to buy to replace those faded ones. When I went shopping a couple of days ago, I knew exactly what I needed to buy and was able to take one item off my list in a very short amount of time.

You don't have to move to purge your closet! As you get ready for spring, look over your winter clothes and get rid of those things you didn't wear over the winter. As you take out your spring clothes, try them on and get rid of those you don't like. You'll see what you have, what you need and bless someone else with your discarded items.

More on purging your closet:
Declutter Sentimental Clothing - Turn Them into a Quilt
Efficient and Clothes-Lean
Donating Business Clothing for Job Interviews

No comments: