Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you find some helpful hints for organizing your time and space. My passions are to help you make home a refuge instead of a crisis center, and to help you function in peace rather than chaos - at home or at work. I have switched my main blog to 1-2-3 ... Get Organized on WordPress, so please visit me there.
Friday, March 1, 2013
Organizational expert Vicki Norris from HGTV believes that there are five underlying causes that might explain why people are disorganized. What do you think?
1. Situational Disorganization: A precipitating life event that causes disruption and disorganization in your life.
2. Habitual Disorganization: Bad habits that have developed over time.
3. Historical Disorganization: When your upbringing (either orderly or disorderly) impacts your state of order.
4. Social Disorganization: When you are influenced by your social world to exist with disorder as a way of life.
5. Chronic Disorganization: When you live in a chronic, debilitating state of disorder even though you have tried and failed to help yourself.
More on disorganization:
Are You Turning into a Hoarder? Find Out!
Simple Questions to Get in Touch with Your Clutter Comfort Level
University of California TV Series Looks at Clutter Epidemic in Middle Class American Homes
Three Steps to Decluttering