Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you find some helpful hints for organizing your time and space. My passions are to help you make home a refuge instead of a crisis center, and to help you function in peace rather than chaos - at home or at work. I have switched my main blog to 1-2-3 ... Get Organized on WordPress, so please visit me there.



Thursday, May 17, 2012

Organizing a Portable Craft Station

           
One of my clients has a bunch of beads which she and her daughter like to use to make jewelry. Since they don't have a dedicated craft room, we decided to go portable. Here's what we came up with:



I found this set of drawers at Staples for about $30, wheels included (which they chose not to use). We sorted like items into each drawer: beads, hardware (clasps, earring stems, etc.), wire and other necklace materials, tools, gift boxes. 


Current projects reside on top until they're finished.  

We used a similar storage unit for art supplies - grouping brushes, paints, small canvases, etc. in the various drawers.

If you don't have a lot of room to store your crafts, go portable!


More on craft storage:

Storage Ideas for Crafts and Art Supplies
Craft Storage
Organizing Art or Craft Space  

 

No comments: