Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you find some helpful hints for organizing your time and space. My passions are to help you make home a refuge instead of a crisis center, and to help you function in peace rather than chaos - at home or at work. I have switched my main blog to 1-2-3 ... Get Organized on WordPress, so please visit me there.



Friday, March 30, 2012

Organizing a Quick Dinner - Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken

      
I love finding a recipe for a quick meal, don't you? Both my husband and I enjoyed it this recipe from AllRecipes, and I'll cook it again. I used chicken tenderloins, which made the cooking time even faster. Served with couscous and fresh veggies, dinner is on the table in a flash!
     

 Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 3 tablespoons lime juice

    Directions:
  1. In a small bowl, mix together salt, black pepper, cayenne, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and parsley. Sprinkle spice mixture generously on both sides of chicken breasts.
  2. Heat butter and olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons garlic powder and lime juice. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently to coat evenly with sauce. 
Nutrition Amount Per Serving - Calories: 220 | Total Fat: 10.7g | Cholesterol: 84mg

 More quick recipes:

Quick and Tasty Chicken with Artichokes, and Mushrooms

Get Creative with Leftovers for a Quick Meal

Dinner in 10 - Chicken with Cranberry/Mandarin Sauce

Planning Dinner (Kindle version)


No comments: