Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you find some helpful hints for organizing your time and space. My passions are to help you make home a refuge instead of a crisis center, and to help you function in peace rather than chaos - at home or at work. I have switched my main blog to 1-2-3 ... Get Organized on WordPress, so please visit me there.
Monday, November 14, 2011
There are a number of must-do tasks once you have moved. There's so much to do when you move, isn't there?! Here are the essentials:
1. Register your car (need: title, former registration, mileage).
2. Get a new driver's license (need: birth certificate or passport, social security card, driver's license from your previous residence, and proof of residence - a bill with your current address, your lease or purchase papers).
3. Register to vote. This can usually be done when you get a new driver's license.
4. Change your car insurance if you have moved to another state (need: old driver's license number and new driver's license number, car registration). Notify your previous insurance carrier.
5. Change your homeowners/renters insurance. Notify your previous insurance carrier.
6. Register your business, if applicable.
7. Open bank account(s) and safe deposit box (need driver's license, deposit).
8. Restock your pantry and fridge with the basics.
9. Change your wallet list. This is a list of all your credit cards, bank cards, and other important information that is in your wallet. If your wallet or purse is stolen, you have the pertinent information at your fingertips. Do not put this list on your computer. Keep it in an "important paper" file.
10. Change automatic deposits/withdrawals from your old bank account to your new bank account before your close your old account.
We still have a couple of these yet to do, but we're making progress!
More on moving: