Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you find some helpful hints for organizing your time and space. My passions are to help you make home a refuge instead of a crisis center, and to help you function in peace rather than chaos - at home or at work. I have switched my main blog to 1-2-3 ... Get Organized on WordPress, so please visit me there.



Monday, September 12, 2011

National Preparedness Month - Are You Prepared for a Car Emergency?

              
We had a fun-filled weekend with our girls: the zoo, a movie, baking cookies, fishing, and a church picnic. We wore one girl out so much, that she slept 12 hours one night! 

We do a lot of driving, and a car emergency is always a possibility. Last week I found an interesting alternative to combustible flares for a car emergency: a life saver light. It's a flashlight/worklight that turns into a flasher. 

As you can see, pieces of the shaft spread out to become the base of the flasher. It operates on two C batteries, and flashes on and off when turned to that position. Otherwise it shines continually when on.



I only bought one at Gabriel Bros. for $3. I wanted to make sure it worked before buying more. I plan to go back and buy several more to put in both cars. If you don't have a Gabriel Bros., go to Life Saver Light.  It's one of those "as seen on TV" products, so you might be able to find them in stores that carry such items.

More on car safety:

Clutter in Your Car = Danger

Organize an Emergency Kit for Your Car

Driving - Not a Time to Multi-Task

    

No comments: