Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you find some helpful hints for organizing your time and space. My passions are to help you make home a refuge instead of a crisis center, and to help you function in peace rather than chaos - at home or at work. I have switched my main blog to 1-2-3 ... Get Organized on WordPress, so please visit me there.



Monday, August 16, 2010

Organizing an Important Information Notebook

         
Over the summer I have been working on a notebook containing information for each of our foster daughters. I have five pocket dividers in my notebook - one for each girl.

I keep a list of doctors, the pharmacy number, school information, sports information, friends' numbers, and anything else that relates to that child. When I need to make a doctor's appointment, I just flip to that page to find the number.

In the pocket I keep business cards, receipts, prescriptions, schedules, etc., until I have a chance to document or use them. 

I also have some notebook paper in each section to take notes when I go to the doctor, etc. I take the notebook to each doctor appointment so I have everything I need while there - pharmacy phone number, referring doctor, etc. 

More on organizing information:

Getting Organized for School - Charts

Organizing for School 2010 - A Family Calendar

Three Steps to Time Management for the Working Mom 




No comments: