Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you find some helpful hints for organizing your time and space. My passions are to help you make home a refuge instead of a crisis center, and to help you function in peace rather than chaos - at home or at work.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
You might think that as a professional organizer, my stress is relieved by organizing or cleaning. Not so. If life is chaotic, and things have gotten messy, organizing is necessary for me to even function.
As a Myers-Briggs personality profile facilitator, I have learned that stress relievers are not generated from the areas of your natural giftedness, but the opposite. Can you see that moving out of the area where you spend most of your time is a break from the usual - a relief?
For some, cleaning and organizing provides that break. Here are a few 5-minute stress relievers in this area:
1. Clean out a drawer.
2. Clean out a drawer or shelf in the fridge.
3. Make a list of your favorite things to do, and plan when you will do one.
4. Declutter a room or surface.
5. Make a to-do list or prioritize the one you have.
6. Clean a bathroom sink or counter.
8. Go through a magazine rack and toss old magazines.
9. Declutter your car.
10. Empty one shelf of the dishwasher.
11. Clean your kitchen sink.
12. Fold a basket of clothes.
13. Clean out your purse or wallet.
14. Take out the trash.
15. Organize a shelf in your pantry.
16. Organize a closet.
17. Sit in a room that is irritating you and think about what is not working.
18. Make list of possible options for your dinner menu next week.
19. Remove and hang clothes from the dryer.
20. Set the table for your next meal.
Got some more ideas? Please share! Subscribers click here to comment on the original blog.
More on Organizing and Cleaning:
National Clutter Awareness Week - Give it 5 or 10
Decluttering in 5 - 20 Decluttering Tasks You Can Do In Five Minutes or Less