Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you find some helpful hints for organizing your time and space. My passions are to help you make home a refuge instead of a crisis center, and to help you function in peace rather than chaos - at home or at work. I have switched my main blog to 1-2-3 ... Get Organized on WordPress, so please visit me there.



Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Quick summer meal

If you have an herb garden or buy fresh herbs, try this quick summer meal! As an experiment, I picked a handful of various herbs - cilantro, parsley, chives, and basil - and chopped them finely. I sauteed them in butter for a minute or so and added tilapia fillets, salt and pepper.

These fillets are so thin they cook in just a few minutes. When you turn the fillets over, they are covered with those yummy herbs and look wonderful. If you're not a big fish fan, tilapia may be for you - it doesn't taste fishy. We first discovered tilapia when we lived in Kenya, where we bought it from fishermen who fished in Lake Victoria. And now we can find it at Sam's! (www.samsclub.com)

To complete the meal, I had put a couple of potatoes in the microwave, cut some watermelon, and served some fresh veggies.

I'm going to try the same routine with chicken tenderloins today. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments: